"Wouldn't having more followers build credit for my company and entice new followers and potential customers to trust me?"
Possibly, but how would it look to potential customers if you had 100K followers, but an average of 100 comments/likes per post? Like your content is uninteresting, unprovocative, like you purchased followers, or plenty of other scenarios. It is important that your post interaction and follower ratio is small and enticing. If you have 10K followers and 1000 comments/likes per post, that gives the appearance that your followers enjoy your business, are excited by your posts, and are legitimates customers.
"Can I just buy followers?"
Of course you can buy followers, but here's why you shouldn't.
1. These are not real followers. Most companies that sell followers sell illegitimate accounts, those are called 'bots' and they are not real people and do not interact with any of your content.
2. You could easily lose those followers. Since most of the accounts that follow you are not real people they are at risk of getting reported and deleted by Instagram, thus causing your account to be at risk by having a high amount of 'bot' followers.
3. They can negatively skew your analytics. Since these accounts aren't real and don't interact with your content, your analytics will have large gaps and won't give you a true reading on how your posts are actually performing.
"How do I find quality followers?"
Finding quality followers takes time and patience, but is completely worth it to grow your business while also growing your following.
1. Stay on brand. Creating a cohesive brand presence is key to enticing quality followers. It gives accounts the appearance that you care about your appeal to potential customers and that you care about each and every customer you receive - which is true!
2. Use specific hashtags. Using the most popular or most used hashtags will cause you to get lost in the chaos, especially when other posts preform better than yours. Using specific hashtags like your location, specific services, and ones that you create will allow accounts that are interested in those things to find you more easily and convert into paying customers.
3. Post at peak performance times. Posting at peak performance times will ensure that your posts are seen. Peak performance times are before 8 am (when people wake up and scroll), typical lunch times (12-2 pm), and after dinner/before bed (7-10pm). This will give you the highest probability of your posts to be viewed by legitimate accounts and future customers.
"This is overwhelming, how can you help?"
I would love to help you grow your business! Here are my steps when I receive a new client:
1. Examine your current online presence. I will give you a full overview of your current online presence, why you may be having a difficult time finding quality followers, and the steps I will take to ensure you receive those followers.
2. Research competitors. I will research all of your competitors and present to you why or why not they are more successful than you currently are and how I can change that.
3. Create a post schedule and content strategy. Having a plan is vital to your success. I will create a post schedule, design content, write posts, research hashtags, and more.
If you're ready to take your business to the next level and find its true potential then I encourage you to contact me and get started on this exciting journey!